Magento 2.3.4 was recently released on January 24, 2020. So with this upgrade version, What is new in Magento 2.3.4? Let’s take a look at the highlights of this upgraded version!
New experiences with Page Builder and #PWA studio, integration with #AdobeStock, Chat powered by @dotdigital, and more! Learn about the latest release of #MagentoCommerce here: https://t.co/tajeA7bMqT pic.twitter.com/mwEqRrUur7— Magento (@magento) January 28, 2020
Magento has updated substantial security enhancements include:
- First, 30+ security enhancements that help close cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities.
- Next, Magento has approved security enhancements and fixes to core code. Eg: Remove the opportunity for RCE by removal of custom layout updates and the deprecation of layout updates; Redesigned content template features to allow only whitelisted variables to be added to the templates.
- Upgraded the Magento message queue framework.
- Improved page caching and session storage.
- Enhanced support for MariaDB 10.2.
- Magento recommended using another the official payment integration that is available on the Marketplace because the core integration of the Authorize.net payment method has been deprecated.
Note: Magento 2.3.4 has not been tested with PHP 7.1 because PHP 7.1 reached End of Life on December 1, 2019. Magento recommends using PHP 7.3. And the only way to install 2.3.4 with PHP 7.1.x is with Composer.
Performance improvements help increase the experience of merchants and customers.
- By refactor of customer section invalidation mechanism and improving banner cache logic, redundant non-cached requests to the server on catalog pages have been eliminated.
- Added a new configuration,
System Configuration > General > Reports > General Optionsto enable this new configuration. It allows merchants to completely or partially disable Magento Reports.
There are about 250 enhancements to core quality, which improve the quality of the Framework and these modules: catalog, sales, PayPal, Elasticsearch, import, and CMS.
Magento integrated Adobe Stock image galleries: Enable merchants to add high-quality media assets to their website content without leaving the Magento Admin. Merchants can use the searchable interface in the Magento Media Gallery to explore, preview, license, and deploy stock images in the website content.
There are also many significant upgrades such as Inventory Management, GraphQL, Fixed issues, …
You can see more information about this new version at Magento Open Source 2.3.4 Release Notes.
Thank you for following our article What is New In Magento 2.3.4.
Follow us for more helpful article!
We hope this is a useful blog for you.
See you in the next article.