In this post, I will guide you on How To Configure Flat Rate Shipping In Magento 2. Shipping is an important part of e-commerce, apply an effective shipping strategy to increase customer purchase rate.
Configure Flat Rate Shipping In Magento 2
Step 1: On the Admin Panel sidebar, go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
Step 2: In the left panel, choose SALES > Shippings Methods. From version 2.4, choose SALES > Delivery Methods.
Step 4: Expand the Flat Rate section.
Step 4: Set Enabled to Yes.
- Title: Enter a Title to identify the Flat Rate Shipping method during checkout.
- Method Name: Enter a Method Name to describe the method. The default method name is Fixed.
- Set Type to one of the following:
- None – Disables the payment type. The Flat Rate option is listed in the cart, but with a rate of zero—which is the same as free shipping.
- Per Order – Charges a single flat rate for the entire order.
- Per Item – Charges a single flat rate for each item. The rate is multiplied by the number of items in the cart, regardless of whether there are multiple quantities of the same,or of different items.
- Enter the Price that you want to charge for flat rate shipping.
- Set Calculate Handling Fee:
- Enter the Handling Fee rate according to the method used to calculate the fee.
- Displayed Error Message: Enter the message to appear if flat rate shipping becomes unavailable.
- Set Ship to Applicable Countries:
- All Allowed Countries – Customers from all countries specified in your store configuration can use this delivery method.
- Specific Countries – After choosing this option, the Ship to Specific Countries list appears. Select each country in the list where flat rate can be used.
- Set Show Method if Not Applicable:
- Yes – Always shows the Flat Rate Shipping method, even when not applicable.
- No – Shows the Flat Rate Shipping method only when applicable.
- Sort Order: Enter a Sort Order number to determine the position of Flat Rate Shipping.
Step 5: Click Save Config when complete.
This is the end of the How To Configure Flat Rate Shipping In Magento 2.
Follow us for the more helpful posts!
We hope this is a useful post for you.
Thank you for reading!